As a fully accredited Catholic and Ellicott City Private School educating students in grades Pre-K (3 year old) through grade eight, Resurrection-St. Paul School follows the Archdiocese of Baltimore Course of Study. Standards for each grade level by subject area are available for view in the school office. This course of study is a living document which is reviewed in detail on an annual basis by the staff using the process of Curriculum Mapping. Teachers map the subject that they teach for the year and then they review the entire subject looking for gaps and redundancies in the curriculum. After a team meeting, recommendations are made for changes to the curriculum for the upcoming school year based on the analysis of the data collected.
Ellicott City Private School
In order to better serve the needs of our students Resurrection-St. Paul School, an Ellicott City Private School, provides flexible group instruction in the areas of Math and Reading in Kindergarten to grade eight. We are dedicated to excellence in education and believe it is important to challenge our students each and everyday.
- Our Curriculum is designed to prepare students to be Catholic, College and Career Ready. Each course of study fosters students' Catholic identity, shaping them to be models of Christian living for others. We provide students with a curriculum that is rigorous and rich in various disciplines. By continuing to implement new standards that are challenging, we work to fulfill the promise of quality Catholic education that educates the whole child: mind, body and soul.
- Student performance Standardized test scores are not the only measure of a school’s quality. These tests are designed to assess an individual student’s performance compared to all students nationally. They do not compare a school’s quality to other schools. Many other factors should affect your decision about which school your child should attend, including: educational philosophy, curriculum quality, teacher credentials, class size, location, cost, availability of resources, discipline policy, opportunities for parental involvement and communications.
- Technology Technology courses are essential to every Catholic school curriculum. In fact, technology is required to be integrated throughout each course of study from Mathematics to Religion.
- Signature program/s In addition to a strong core curriculum, Resurrection-St. Paul School students have many opportunities to experience a wide variety of activities both during the school day and beyond.
- Academic enrichment At Resurrection-St. Paul School, we have incorporated innovative enrichment programs, unique, in most cases, to private school education, in grades three through eight to enhance the curriculum.
- Student Services Resurrection-St. Paul School offers full-time Registered Nurse coverage in a comfortable health suite. We also offer a full time Guidance Counselor.
- Before & After School Programs Resurrection-St. Paul School's Before and After Care program is licensed by the state of Maryland. Healthy snacks are provided for both the morning and afternoon participants.