Resurrection-St. Paul School is a fully accredited, Catholic interparish school, grades Pre-K (4 year old) through grade eight, serving the parish communities of the Church of the Resurrection and St. Paul's Church in Ellicott City, Maryland. Resurrection-St. Paul School is dedicated to excellence in education in light of the teachings of Jesus Christ through the Catholic Church. At the core of the school is a strong, Christ-centered, close-knit faith community where pastors, parish councils, school board, parents, faculty and students work together to attain common goals. The school celebrates the uniqueness and dignity of each student and encourages every child to discover and develop their special talents, sense of self-appreciation, decision making skills, and personal values guided by our Catholic Christian traditions. Each student is thus enabled to witness to his or her faith, to reach out to others in love and compassion, and to work toward solutions of human problems.
Resurrection-St. Paul School seeks to develop within each student a curiosity, love of, and responsibility for learning. Through a strong academic program, student learning is facilitated from its most fundamental stages to the complex level of mature, intellectual thinking where students analyze, synthesize, and critique subject matter of increased difficulty. The school's educational process promotes the development of the total person by encouraging spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth.
This unique approach prepares our students to assume responsible, creative roles in an ever challenging and changing world, with the realization that Christ continues his work through them, empowering each of them to become committed and fully functioning members of the Catholic Church and the world of the 21st century.
- At a Glance Current Enrollment: 442 Students, Teacher/Student Ratio: 1:13, Average class size - Instructional groups: 14
- Letter from School Leadership Welcome to Resurrection-St. Paul School. I hope that our website provides you the opportunity to learn about our wonderful school community and the private Catholic education our students receive.
- Why Catholic Education Now, more than ever, the world needs what Catholic schools have to offer. So it’s time to tell everyone what we’re about. To find a fresh way to show what makes a Catholic education special: the high standards, the moral foundation and the positive, compassionate energy our society needs right now.
- Vision & Mission Resurrection-St. Paul School, through the teaching of the Catholic Church, is dedicated to the total formation of the child by preparing them for a global society through innovation, problem solving, and cross curricular collaboration.
- History & Tradition Resurrection-St. Paul School now resides at its second location, originating at St. Paul’s Church in downtown Ellicott City, Maryland in 1922.
- Faculty & Staff It's the ministry of Catholic educators to embody the faith in everything they do. They model and teach children how to form a personal relationship with Jesus and build a foundation for lifelong learning and discipleship. Meet our talented and dedicated faculty and staff!
- Community Partners Many corporations recognize and are willing to support private education through a matching gift program.
What is the purpose of the School Board of Directors at RSPS?
The purpose of the RSPS School Board is to:
- Establish the goals, objectives, and guiding philosophical principles of Resurrection-St. Paul School in conformance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, and
- Ensure that the school’s mission is based on Catholic theology and is accomplished in a manner that sustains and promotes a Christ-centered classroom learning and living environment.